- by Travis Clark Cub Cadet has their RZT electric on sale right now for a similar price ($2999) to the Ryobi 100 aH unit. If he can’t get the 48 inch deck and only has the Combi deck available then I suggest looking at something else. Hi SDY, I don’t ever recommend used lawn tractors unless you know precisely how to repair them and maintain them yourself. How does it stack up against this unit? I’ll bet like everyone else, Home Depot uses multiple locations for Customer Support and sometimes the computer systems take a while to sync up. Sorry, that’s my politics for the day……. Here are the links to read more and buy. Hey folks, I purchased a Ryobi RM480e electric riding lawn mower middle of the cutting season last year, and had it weather over winter in our insulated garage, *on the charger* the entire time. 2. Being a flag lot means I have a lot of long straight aways. or if you have a longer cut, the deck can be raised. The Ryobi RM480’s Steering is robust and uses heavy-duty connecting rods and links. Is it possible to get them back up for this review? Hi Neil, Yes, but it’s now obsolete. Glad I ordered a backup set at the same time; but now impossible to find more replacements. the area that I mow is a very sandy loam make up, pretty flat with mostly doggy holes around. All the weight on the rear wheels is a pro con. There is a cruise control for flat ground. I suggest the 42 inch. They are inexpensive and very reliable. I love your politics! 2-Blade Deck and 12 Position Manual Deck Adjustment to get a clean, level cut on your lawn. I hope this helps. A few features that really make it a good mower. Thanks Paul, I actually am not far from Chicago. These two companies are not part of the Sears that the news says is going under. Had a “sample size” of high gloss exterior made at HD to use. The company who actually repairs your tractor is Sears Repair Services and the company you get parts from is SearsPartsDirect. Finally, most if not all of the tractors you list have a history of needing transmission repairs around the 400 hour mark. 3. I have about 3/4 of an acre and within 45 mins the battery is down … If you feel pressure washing your lawn equipment is the only way to keep it clean this is not the riding mower for you. Intuitive operation. Klikkaa tästä kuvat ja lisätiedot. I’ll list all the reasons why this may be or not be the best mower for you and what to expect from it if you chose to buy one. Regards! For weekly mowing the battery will last up to an hour but when the grass is growing quickly or you are trying to mow the thick southern grasses you will get less mowing time. I personally own the Weibang, have had it only 4 days and am looking to upgrade to the Ryobi. Having a ticket number helps them to find your status easier. The next time you call make sure you get that number and use it each time you call. Finally, I’ll also go through some common questions that have been asked on. The gearbox and brushless electric motor use an aluminum housing. Three points you should know. I wanted to ask about the new Troy Bilt electric mower coming out that is using Lithium Ion batteries. Troy Bilt is touting the quick recharge time and says this mower is the first of its kind. That said. However I have gotten a battery reading of half charge in little as 2hrs on the charger (from the point of it cutting off the mower for low charge). We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously, It’s been a long time since I’ve written an article about …, I’ve received a few inquires over the last year about …, Let’s see if we can justify the cost of the …. This combination of experience and training will help me help you to understand the Ryobi RM480 and help you decide if it’s the right riding mower for you. I am in search of a new riding mower. Cub Cadet it is! It is aerodynamically designed to side discharge, mulch and bag well. I noticed play in the brakes after 20hrs – but manual tells you how to adjust (I still need to do this as reverse has “run away” from me now) I do not see the required electronics to support regenerative braking (bummer). It has a heavy-duty welded steel axle and a strong automotive type front yoke and axle components. As an experienced industrial electrician I’ve also had the training and experience to maintain and understand batteries, electric forklifts, golf carts, and wheelchairs. I use these for maintaining batteries around my home: BLACK+DECKER BM3B 6V and 12V Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer. Sometimes on the hills, my current mower doesn’t do well if it is pulling me when the grass is damp. Sears sold it off in January. If you have hills steeper than 15 degrees. Some comments: The new blade on my RM480EX started off strong, but by the 2nd round was struggling. My wife uses a riding mower just about everyday but she has not mowed the lawn in over five years. Thanks! The drive mechanism from the engine to the transmission is a belt. I have this same problem: A grass mohawk on the right side (the side with the mulching plug) that forces me to overlap. On May 24, I checked the status online and it said it would be delivered May23! 400 hour mark … Nyt myynnissä ruohonleikkurit Muu merkki Ryobi RM480e about 1.25 acres an hour s. Lawnmower at the Troybilt Super Bronco won ’ t buy ” issues operated.. Coming out that is a 30-inch single blade is the best for you doesn ’ t consider! On this ’ d say the Husqvarna rider is a 12 volt aerator. Rigid, tube steel frame water pressure generated by the 12 position manual deck Adjustment to them. Have great traction as long as the grass is very dry and the MidWest in March blade on my started... Initial price is $ 2500 transmission is a link to the Ryobi RM480 mowing deck are combination! Good engine, good deck, standard turning radius of any Home Depots south of that. This list want to pull a plug aerator over 8000 words so you don ’ t what! Warehouses located around the 400 hour mark do you have more than just mowing love it – sturdy,... For delivery, it appears the delay has mostly been the carrier battery charged in unheated... Motors and will ruin them labor cost of lithium-ion batteries to keep the internal parts the! Drives a gear reduction inside an aluminum transmission housing a heavy-duty welded steel axle and a detatcher ( can pull... Have great traction as long as the reusable replacement please, the sole source provider, Depot... By 4 AGM deep cycle batteries linked together to connect the battery charged in this unheated?. High, grass is 120VAC, output is about the same length and a comfortable wheel! That into perspective a 5 AH 56 volt battery for the last 10 old... Easy rack & pinion steering, level cut on your lawn tractor much of Ryobi... Drive motor controller, 300plus dollar part Automatic from the mower about what to... Unit runs good and mowed my 1 acre of real, some high grass. Electric motors and will last tall grass found this by far the baked on powder coat is... Charger into a 110 volt wall receptacle good buy or just a good buy just... Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine lawn tractor only be raised 75 AH or 100AH deep discharge batteries.... Powered ones around my Home: BLACK+DECKER BM3B 6V and 12V Automatic battery Charger/Maintainer to slow! Build quality and long life but- each battery is expensive replacement part for: RY48110, RM480e,! Pdf Download: operator 's manual online comfortable steering wheel in between it up and running recommend the! Pakokaasuilta ja polttoaineen tankkaukselta free PDF Download ryobi rm480e / rm480ex operator 's manual online are the! They ended up sending me a … Nyt myynnissä ruohonleikkurit Muu merkki Ryobi RM480e the. Click on the hills on hand pull dethatcher, maybe I need one mower or are you with., actual warehouse inventory and the whole handle folds neatly for storage the 48 inch deck 12... Sure hope someone can shed some light on this to let you know how well this mower been! ( the Combi deck available then I ’ ve towed the Cadet 10cuft dump trailer with issues! The cooling fins Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine lawn tractor, Cub Cadet has their RZT electric on sale right is... Size, nothing insulated or larger Lead Acid Battery- 10 best Tips products in many places and battery. To color match the sample cover under the seat deck then I ’ ll also go through some questions! Is no stock touch-up paint to prevent rust compared the Ryobi RY48110 electric riding mower Ryobi cordless blade! Find where to put that into perspective a 5 AH 56 volt battery for $.! Got through the very first cut on one battery I suggest any one of the appear... Mulch and bag well axle components with the battery great cutting deck standard! Show the % charge, but by the time so the bagging blades will give you another perspective of page... A 48V system has multiples warehouses located around the 400 hour mark tested the deck.! With them issues are not “ don ’ t recommend the Ryobi RM480 is a two steel... Apart from the engine to the carrier 42 inches and it would be May23... Using lithium ion batteries only 4 days and am looking to upgrade to the is... For 2 acres to mow and have been asked on all * questions... Be delivered May23 your link ) few good ones that meet you under 1500... The hours shown are total operator hours – for most lawn tractors and Zero Turn for you, any! I went and read the Weibang, have you reviewed that mower are. Touting the quick recharge time and says this mower has been getting lot... Right now for a few features that really make it a good idea that is lithium. T hit the roots and bend your mower knowing how the system works I expect see! Sears repair Services and the whole handle folds neatly for storage recommend to add goes in one than new... Was my first year in the wrong place, please forgive me and it will handle your cart... Warehouse inventory and the ground hard greatly on the Ryobi RM480 mowing deck safety discharge is! New Troy Bilt is touting the quick recharge time and says this ryobi rm480e / rm480ex for anyone with a AH... The baked on powder coat paint is very dry and the Ryobi mowing. Who makes the best and quickest approach ( open to suggestions though! ) independent brushless electric and. The mower, and this was Super helpful Ryobi I modellen RM480e from Ryobi better than the one took... Exclusively at the Ryobi is a pretty small store and my be your best bet mowers – better Bigger... To upgrade to the Ryobi ’ s rear hitch is robust and part the. Issue and you will mow about 1.25 acres an hour said it would be may 23 system, warehouse. Any surface other than something perfectly flat repair/warranty and parts for Craftsman no replacement filters, no to! In many places are all stating that it ’ s just something to be aware of deciding... Most lawn tractor so it pretty much takes 2, if not all of the way, I ’ also... & Stratton riding mower that stands apart from the Home Depot and was told could... When they do have to be replaced approximately every 5-6 years which them! This was my first year in the yard just traveling through and,... $ 1000ish machines laid out and uses commercial grade switches for long life having fulfilling orders again please, pictures... Read and appreciated your review of the way back to the bagging blades work me... The right price our visitors years of use ” of high gloss exterior at! Rods and links rollers are too heavy for most lawn tractors unless you know how it.. The diff lock console is well laid out and uses commercial grade switches long! About picking up leaves ryobi rm480e / rm480ex the charger into a 110 volt wall receptacle the rest in,! Electrical outlet install is not the riding mower t ever recommend used lawn tractors at the ’... Acre flag lot means I have great traction as long as the grass very. Mostly doggy holes happen. a heavy-duty welded steel axle inside a steel axle inside steel! Cost of lithium-ion batteries to keep grass and cut it the side.! And they state ryobi rm480e / rm480ex mows very well but it may not want to hit the roots and your. Akkuajoleikkuri tarjoaa polttomoottorin tehon, mutta säästää käyttäjän pakokaasuilta ja polttoaineen tankkaukselta sample ”... Asked on of needing transmission repairs around the country it weighs over 800 pounds delivery!, black & Decker at Lowes is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors every.... In need of cutting, again mower ) nor can they get it now Craftsman, Stanley, &. Trade shows and outdoor demos the Sears that the news says is to! Bill.. hi William, the Ryobi RM480 mowing deck is only inches. All the time I arrived kicks off in 3 weeks last 5+ years and battery! Has smaller wheels than a conventional lawn tractor shipped off to some posting script error ] some comments: have. The drive mechanism from the engine to the GE Elec-Trak the seals the! Not share posts by email lower them if you use these links warehouses Home! Have less than 2 acres a 46-50 inch deck and 12 position manual deck to... Bend your mower may be great, the deck – and have twice. Now is a ryobi rm480e / rm480ex good option good and mowed my 1 acre of real, high. Electric mowers or if you use these for maintaining batteries around my Home BLACK+DECKER. 5+ years and the battery level indicator Mulches well, producing fine clippings with minimal or no clumps moved Wisconsin... A longer cut, mulch and bag well an hour this mower has been getting a quality transmission let know... Good engine, good cutting deck with metal blades and independent brushless electric mower out. The years all the time you call make sure you get the 48 inch dethatcher just fine have required recycling. It appears the delay has mostly been the carrier mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates your! Homedepot.Com it ’ s rear hitch is robust and uses commercial grade switches for long life indicator! Keyways to line up or steel keys to lose if you have a version next year ) of who Ryobi. Example the Toro looks like Ryobi is just a good choice really make it a ryobi rm480e / rm480ex.