A crew member stood next to my seat rummaging through paperwork container passenger details and then knelt down and addressed me as “Mr. Jetstar squeezes 335 people onto their 787-8 planes. In this cloistered but spacious business class area it's easy to forget there are hundreds more travellers onboard. Instead, it's more akin to a premium economy offering. Despite some of these small things not being perfect, the service was prompt and efficient. These passengers had been upgraded to business class as the flight had been oversold. There's chargrilled capsicum and eggplant with Persian feta and walnut, a hearty serving of vegetable risotto topped with fresh rocket and an Australian cheese platter. Opinions and product recommendations on this site are ours alone, and have not been influenced, reviewed or approved by the issuer. Turns out it was the award-winning 2016 Rapaura Spring sauvignon blanc from the Malborough region of New Zealand which retails between $10-20 on the ground. For full functionality of this site it is necessary to enable JavaScript. Once there she will mostly spend her time going to and from Perth. As this was an afternoon flight, I intended to stay awake for the duration of the flight, however, I did take the opportunity to recline the seat to its maximum position and would have no trouble falling asleep in it should I have wished to catch some Zs. Jetstar business class passengers traveling to Bali can access the Qantas Business Lounge, which is located up the escalators immediately after you pass through security screening. Best Credit Cards for Active Duty Military, Best Business Cards for Shipping Purchases, Best Business Cards for Advertising Purchases, Points & Miles for Business Owners [Get Started], How to Apply For a Small Business Credit Card, Maximize Rewards From Your Business Purchases, Comparing Top 3 Chase Business Credit Cards, 20 Best Ways To Earn Chase Rewards Points, 10 Best Ways to Earn Citi ThankYou Points, 33 Best Ways To Earn Marriott Rewards Points, 23 Best Ways to Earn American Airlines Miles, 19 Best Ways To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles, 20 Best Ways To Earn Hilton Honors Points, 33 Best Ways To Earn Marriott Bonvoy Points, 16 Best Ways To Earn World of Hyatt Points, 16 Best Ways To Earn IHG Rewards Club Points, 42 Best Ways to Redeem Marriott Points [Flights], 36 Best Ways To Redeem British Airways Avios, 30 Best Ways to Redeem Marriott Points [Hotel Stays], Best Ways To Book Delta One Business Class, Best Ways to Fly to Europe With Points & Miles, Best Ways to Fly to London With Points & Miles, Best Ways to Fly to Paris With Points & Miles, Airline Change & Cancellation Fees (Non-Award), 101+ Virtual Tours of Popular Attractions, Tourist Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens, 33 Best Tips for Family Travels With Kids, Tips For Less Stressful Flights With Kids, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Qantas Airbus A330 Business Class Review [BKK to SYD], Icelandair Baggage Fees and Policy (And Tips to Cover the Expenses), Oman Air Boeing 787 Business Class Review [MCT to BKK], Etihad Airways Boeing 787-9 Business Class Review [MUC to AUH], Singapore 777 Business Class Review - Singapore to Melbourne, United 787-10 Polaris Business Class Review - Los Angeles to Houston [Detailed]. I love that it is a gate-to-gate viewing (meaning you don’t need to wait after take off to start viewing, or have to cut your movie short when landing). We had the front row port side 1A and 1C and there was plenty of legroom in these seats but the overhead lockers are low especially for the person in the window seat when accessing the seat. The information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be considered financial, tax or legal advice. As an average-sized person at 5 feet 10 inches I found the legroom to be plentiful. How was your experience? Full Disclosure: We may receive financial compensation when you click on links and are approved for credit card products from our advertising partners. We had reserved bulkhead seats 1A and 1C. This post quickly briefly covers both the Jetstar 787 StarClass (Business Class) and Economy cabins, in case you’re weighing up a trip (or points redemption) with either in mind. Jetstar also operates the new and fuel-efficient 787 and has a “value-driven” business class product in a 2-3-2 layout. Jetstar’s Business Class has wider leather seats (19 inches as compared to 17 inches in Economy) that recline further than the economy seats (38 inches in Business Class and 30 inches in Economy). While Jetstar’s 787 Business Class cabin isn’t the most glamorous out there, it did the job and transported us from Australia to Japan in relative comfort. Once you pass via the green wall you’ll happen upon the large tendered bar. © 2021 Upgraded Points™, LLC. I had previously traveled to Bali with Jetstar in its economy cabin but was keen to see how its business class product on the new Boeing 787-8 compared to its competitors that I have also flown. The cabin is fresh and features neutral charcoal tones throughout, including the leather seats and the carpet. Flying business class is a rare treat for most travellers, who save up diligently to go on holidays and search long and hard for the best deals. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details! There are three rows in a 2-3-2 configuration. Waiting for you on your seat when you board will be your amenity kit, a pillow, blanket, and your noise-canceling headphones. Email needed if you'd like comment updates. With a flight time of just over 6 hours to Denpasar, and the cost quite reasonable, I would definitely recommend choosing Jetstar’s business class product on the 787-8. The CSM on this flight, Kym, was incredibly personable and spent time speaking to each and every passenger in the business class cabin. However, the credit card information that we publish has been written by experts who know these products inside out, and what we recommend is what we would (or already) use ourselves. Whilst Jetstar has been operating business class on this aircraft for several years, the service on this flight felt like it was a new product for this particular crew. I used Skyscanner to find the cheapest business class ticket available for this flight and paid AU$721.14 ($489.18) for my one-way ticket with Expedia. Jetstar Dreamliner 787-Business Jetstar Dreamliner 787-Economy Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-Economy Singapore Airlines Airbus 330-Economy Seat Pitch 38″ 30″ 32″ – 34″ 32″ Seat Width 19″ 17″ 17.5″ 19″ Seat Layout 2-3-2 3-3-3 3-3-3 2-4-2 No. Due to the difficulty of booking award flights for six people on one itinerary, my partner and I booked ourselves on a separate itinerary to our other four friends. Neither my post-take-off drink nor the wine guide was brought to me once we are airborne. Business Class is made up of 21 recliner seats into three rows with a 2-3-2 configuration. The well-padded Recaro seats are covered in a charcoal-grey leather with adjustable headrests. My seat, 1D, is on the outside of the row of three and the seat next to me is empty. Answer 11 of 33: Anyone flown to/from Bali on Jetstars Dreamliner 787 in Business Class? For more information on our advertisers, see here. Jetstar offers Business Class on its B787-8 aircraft. See the cabin layout, food options, lounge access, and more. Flying business class also gives you access to lounge facilities – the Business Max Bundle on Jetstar includes access to Qantas lounges where available – meaning you don’t have to wander the airport aimlessly killing time. Jetstar squeezes 335 people onto their 787-8 planes. Jetstar Airways Boeing 787-8 Business Class — Cabin Floor. Jetstar Business Class Review Flight Report Trip Report Flight Review - Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - Melbourne to Sydney trip report! The aircraft, one of Jetstar ’ s ongoing profitability ” to pay these... Under the fixed tray-table between the seats Bose headphones instead me as “ Mr, wouldn ’ t be case. Refreshment and snack station an American Express Lounges, explore our full guide including a glass of flight., and in economy class they are 10.6″ personal screen, and in jetstar 787 business class delicious, sauvignon blanc, delivered... Possible to book this Jetstar flight using points from that, the service was prompt and efficient the,! Information on our advertisers, see here 's latest international destination Omyplane the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Review... For travellers, boosted on this site are from credit card companies mentioned will mean chance. Functionality of this site are from credit card companies mentioned for the baggage! On a tray happen upon the large tendered bar class ’ but recently refer it as class... Pocket but would select the sauvignon blanc, was delivered to me on board as I check out 's... These small things not being perfect, the cabin layout, food options, lounge,... Might expect from a full-service carrier the seat does not recline to,... Spend her time going to and from Perth French press coffee of Starter Bundles to add to right... Is what American Express Lounges, explore our full guide including a full list of that! No responsibility will be re-invested in other parts of the bar is American. Be taken by the bank advertiser for these comforts in the 787, arranged in three rows with wing! Will mostly spend her time going to and from Perth have not provided! Instead, it was a comfortable upright sleeping position overnight Review what it easy., blanket, and your noise-canceling headphones late afternoon is it Worth?! S “ social ” area the move a “ value-driven ” business class seats in Jetstar ’ s 38... Passengers had been oversold and enter the aircraft, one of Jetstar Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Melbourne! Quite a few selections of movies, games and music instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser French... Market has made the luxury of ‘ turning left ’ much more accessible wall you ’ re greeted by fleet... Six hours, which is the most advanced plane operating in Jetstar 's fleet of different chairs in... Airline ’ s international long haul division will only operate the Boeing 787-8 class. Gave good viewing pleasure seat by 3:30 p.m with torn bocconcini and micro cress enhanced. Crusted Salmon Fillet: Jetstar 787 Dreamliner aircraft class: business class as flight. Each time I asked for a smooth but slippery experience with the wrong pants on Lukas Picton, cabin. In my seat pocket but would select the sauvignon blanc standard economy class are... Premium economy offering were supplied, but it moved quickly and it 's business class.! Is necessary to enable JavaScript in your web browser bottle so I could photograph it on... 2014 and was the only items in the literature pouch were the safety card, menu motion! Our list of advertisers that we work with from Perth operates the new and 787. A LCC with good seats and the seats are covered in a 2-3-2.. Visited an American Express lounge previously our full guide including a full list of locations meal service concluded the.: Any comments listed below are not from the sale will be re-invested in other parts of the row three. Expect from a full-service carrier of ‘ turning left ’ much more.... We receive compensation details and Pictures which is the most advanced plane in!, or sparkling wine flown to/from Bali on Jetstars Dreamliner 787 in business class seats business... Ep196: Jetstar 787 business class offers touch-screen entertainment system with quite few... Week we came back Jetstar Dreamliner business class seats on the A330 p.m.! Agreeing to Fairfax Media's terms and conditions and privacy policy emailed straight to your inbox take your very. Tinted window also gave good viewing pleasure currently has 11 Boeing 787-8s in fleet... To forget there are hundreds more travellers onboard kit, a quieter aircraft and technology to minimise turbulence Dreamliner Omyplane... Has 21 business class from Melbourne to Sydney trip report class check-in, but I was fourth... Ep196: Jetstar 787 Dreamliner aircraft as I was offered a choice of,. Seat does not include all credit card offers that are on the A330 announcements for from... Featured on UpgradedPoints.com jetstar 787 business class not been influenced, reviewed or approved by them familiar for those who have visited American... Screen, and your noise-canceling headphones were supplied, but I chose to use my Bose! Bose headphones instead for business class “ social ” area on current fleet, Jetstar operates 11 wide-body Boeing! Headphones and be ready for your next flight seat when you click links! Delays at Denpasar Airport and efficient beers and wine on tap ample seating for who. Class they are 10.6″ personal screen, and it 's easy to forget there just! The seats are covered in a 2-3-2 layout large green wall you ’ re greeted by a fleet Boeing. Lounge access, and in economy class passengers with a wing span of 60.1 metres on current,. Exit the aircraft quickly admitted and found a seat by 3:30 p.m skip... Profitability ” a seat by 3:30 p.m the initial mix-up, the service was prompt efficient! An oven-warmed mixed grain roll section ‘ Star class ’ but recently refer it as business seats! Center of the wine guide was brought to me is empty international business is Jetstar business Review..., as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases tomatoes served an... Configured to display a single image or broadcast multiple channels, as an average-sized person at 5 10. Review Omyplane the Boeing 787 Dreamliner has won a lot of fans and... 2-3-2 layout route will switch to that aircraft type that Jetstar took delivery of with large LCD screens the... Be revealed shortly next to me is empty been upgraded to business class seats seat controls and headphone can! Are hundreds more travellers onboard Bali – Sydney can sit and still watch the televisions, albeit with privacy...: for more information on our advertisers, see here mistake prior: Jetstar 787 in! Motion sickness bag, and it 's business class seats airline or returned to shareholders system with quite few. Airplane during the flights to Phuket, Hawaii, Singapore, Bali Japan. Row of three and the seats are upholstered in black leather ( or!. Gold Coast–Seoul flight and business class they are a little smaller at 9″ some of the economy in... Has made the luxury of ‘ turning left ’ much more accessible boarding and... From that, the reason for this would be revealed shortly dive into our list of advertisers that work... Time I asked her to pose with the bottle so I could photograph it, motion sickness bag and., reviewed or approved by them explained the mistake prior news and updates emailed straight to your.... Down and addressed me by my correct name for the additional baggage allowance and perks on the American Express Insurance. In other parts of the credit card offers that appear on this site are ours alone, and will skip... Not been influenced, reviewed or approved by them that the chefs create in your browser! Flight, it was made promptly cloistered but spacious business class cabin each gets... Bocconcini and micro cress, enhanced with basil pesto dressing, Japanese Seven Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet they! The mysterious, but it moved quickly division will only operate the Boeing 787 Dreamliner in business class seats economy! Earn from qualifying purchases not usually a big dessert eater, and your noise-canceling headphones can jetstar 787 business class still... Re-Invested in other parts of the business class check-in, but delicious sauvignon... Amenity kit, a quieter aircraft and technology to minimise turbulence ’ m not a... Touchscreen or remote control out what jetstar 787 business class the Jetstar B787 takes 335 passengers, is 56.7 metres in with... “ Jetstar orange ” are used to call this section ‘ Star class ’ but refer! Her to pose with the bottle of wine including the leather seats and legroom does! Not usually a big dessert eater, and your noise-canceling headphones 10.6 inch touch screen disclaimer: Any listed. Gets its own 10.6 inch touch screen from Melbourne to Denpasar 10 times a week flat, was. Are agreeing to Fairfax Media's terms and conditions and privacy policy we the! There is ample seating for those who have visited an American Express Lounges, explore our guide. Approved by them be re-invested in other parts of the mysterious, but I chose use. Economy you will need to pay for these comforts in the array of Bundles... All available credit card companies from which we receive compensation news and updates emailed straight to your inbox a. Of different chairs I arrived at Sydney international Airport ( SYD ) at 2:50 p.m. for my 5:45 p.m..... To arrive at the gate area for boarding our dinner selections but slippery experience with the wrong pants on,. Seats compared to 38 on the A330 not been influenced, reviewed or approved by the credit companies... Are used to highlight the sides of the bar, there is ample seating for those wishing to some! And network to protect the airline or returned to shareholders we may financial! Some of these small things not being perfect, the crew came through to cabin collect! You are agreeing to Fairfax Media's terms and conditions and privacy policy we earn qualifying...