5 out of 5 stars. Mine started as a slight chirping and then progressively got worse. VW Touareg models are as follows: Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6 Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6 ... Can any of you share with me your knowledge and experience about the long-term reliability of this most recent generation V6 … The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's fuel … That was over 3 years ago and many many more miles driven. Unless I'm mistaken, the 2009 is not a Common Rail. Keep it and hope the pump stays intact? Never seen any chain issues. Controls were included to omit small routine visits to shops such as for oil changes. Show details. It's a full fuel system replacement that could cost $6,000 to $7,000 in parts alone, plus another $3,000 in labor, if you're beyond the extended warranty period. There was too much play when you pushed up or wiggled the shaft around. How long the timing chains/guides are gonna last - unknown. As there are only two types of air springs out there: those that need to be replaced and those that will need to be replaced. How long the trans is gonna last - unknown. Guaranteed to go out at least every 100K. The vehicle rides smooth and has great get up and go. My daughter even mis-fueled the Jetta and drove it about 6 miles. After a flush and inspection there have been no problems. Never changed a HPFP belt either. The worst complaints are engine, drivetrain, and transmission problems. The VW Touareg and I have spent many many hours together. I would recommend reading up on the high pressure fuel pump (hpfp) failures and seeing if that is a risk you would be willing to take on. It's still fresh on my mind since I just came back from a month long hpfp repair covered under the 120k mi/10 year warranty extension. They'll likely never have timing chain problems. Individual factors contributing to a vehicle's composite Reliability Rating include cost, frequency, and severity. Find a way to pay $10k if it fails beyond warranty? The average total annual cost for unscheduled repairs and maintenance across all model years of a vehicle. The … I bought it used. View all 73 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2006 Volkswagen Touareg on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2006 Touareg. This threshold is higher for premium and luxury brands, which have higher labor rates and parts costs. So far it has been extremely reliable. Don't forget about the driveshaft center bearing bushing. It is loaded with all options including air suspension. FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE Recall Date: March 8, 2017. Repairs are more frequent for the Touareg, so you may experience a few more visits to your Volkswagen shop than normal. Last Tank: 15.5 MPG 1 day ago; mrg68 updated the photo of their 2015 Volkswagen Touareg… ... 4dr SUV 245-horsepower 3.5L V6 Hybrid 6-speed shiftable CVT AWD: Personal experience with my previous car, a … Bigger and more powerful than its predecessor but 195 kilograms lighter, VW… JavaScript is disabled. Any warning signs of this or is this one of those pole vaulting things? We haven't see too many issues with them in the shop. VW Touareg Quite Reliable. Case in point, the battery ($200 part, capable of 450 starting amps) is located beneath the driver's seat, and requires removal of the front seat to replace ($200 in labor). An issue is considered severe if a repair costs three-times the average annual repair cost for all models, an amount deemed prohibitively expensive given the unscheduled nature of the repair. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. 1; 2; First 2 of 2 Go to page ... We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg … from my reading and opinion i think the v6 tdi is the most reliable engine put in a touareg in the n/a. i wasnt sure if it was a t2 thing or not...i thought maybe because of the no 4xmotion it might be different. Nox sensors and tank heaters are your only worry and they are not engine related. FWIW, I have an AllRoad which has the air suspension. Most of the surrounding rubber was still attached, but it was torn on the top and cracked around the rest. There a few theories out there regarding causes, but nothing definitive - could happen at 20k, could happen at 100k. Thinking of getting a 2009-2012 model. Prev. The 2017 Touareg's only engine is a 3.6-liter V-6 with 280 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. The air suspension would not raise properly and did a lot of research. This metric is calculated by tracking millions of unique vehicles over multiple years to determine an average number of visits per year for each make and model. View all 276 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2004 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A) on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2004 Touareg. Based on consumer reports, unfortunately, the 3.0 TDI V6 is almost unable … It's fine now, but since I just crossed the 100k mark, I'm debating what the next course of action should be once the next 20k/4 years is up. The nearest court date relating to the V6 diesel models won't be until November 2016. And maybe a camper someday. I've had my 2010 TDI for the last 2 years and it's run beautifully until the hpfp failure. Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Tdi Bluemotion Tech 262 Escape 5dr Tip Auto Get reliability information for the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The Reliability Rating by RepairPal is a measurement of vehicle dependability based on the cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. by Chunkie from Houston, TX on Mon Apr 16 2012 The Touareg is an outstanding vehicle to bob around in. Volkswagen and the Court have been very quiet on the resolution for 3.0L TDI owners. Meanwhile CARB is saying that it won't be able to verify the Generation 2.2 3.0L V6 … The average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Volkswagen Touareg is $937, compared to an average of $573 for midsize SUVs and $652 for all vehicle models. Not the end of the world, but is definitely an item that will fail. Other than the hpfp concern, I really do love this truck, and I echo all the positive comments everyone's put in so far. Your auto repair done right, only the work you need with no add ons. My personal guess is that fuel lubricity is the issue, and so have started adding 8oz of Opti-Lube XPD for each tank of fuel, and filling up at the half-tank mark to minimize effort required on the in-tank fuel pump. For the AdBlue, if you let the dealer do it, I'm seeing repair average around $1,200. Jump to Latest Follow 21 - 38 of 38 Posts. Crispy222 fueled-up their 2007 Volkswagen Touareg. The average number of times the vehicle is brought into the shop for unscheduled repairs and maintenance in a single year. I average in the 20's mpg, have driven on and off road to include snow and have towed some heavy loads. Lexus RX vs. Volkswagen Touareg Reliability by Model Generation. Fortunately by the 2010 year, it seems VW was able to work out most of the idiosyncrasies of the earlier years, but of course anything new that comes up will still be fairly expensive due to the intricate manner in which the larger-than-average sized equipment is put together. The Volkswagen Touareg (German pronunciation: [ˈtuːaʁɛk]) is a mid-size luxury SUV produced by German automaker Volkswagen since 2002 at the Volkswagen Bratislava Plant.The vehicle was named after the nomadic Tuareg people, inhabitants of the Saharan interior in North Africa.. As of its first generation, the Touareg … Diesel Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, R50 TDI. For example, parts and labor for your vehicle may be expensive, especially if it is a European luxury car, but if severe issues and annual average visits to the shop are low, that's a good indicator of a reliable car. You must log in or register to reply here. Find a high quality auto repair shop or dealer near you. I did not get the loud thumping as some because I caught it somewhat quickly. Though many reviewers agree with Auto Mall USA, which says, "[T]he Volkswagen Touareg feels like a well-engineered vehicle carved from a single block," there are questions about the 2008 Touareg2's reliability, attributable to Volkswagen… Thought for sure it was the air bags as the pump would run, but rather noisily. I just hit 70K miles on my 2010 and have enjoyed every mile of it. The severity component to reliability measures the probability that a repair will be a major issue. The Volkswagen Touareg Reliability Rating is. The substantial Touareg has the feel of a premium SUV, with sharp handling and a luxurious interior with wide, supportive seats that deliver all-day comfort. For an SUV, they drive nice and the 3.0L TDI is a sweetheart of an engine for power and fuel economy, especially moving something as heavy as the T'reg (they are NOT exactly lightweight). This, claimed Volkswagen, was a complete overhaul, from stem to stern. They are an expensive vehicle, and they are not cheap to keep in good order. VW’s latest SUV is designed to go up against the Audi Q7 and BMW X5, but as a result it comes with a price tag to match. If so, totally different scenario. The gas V-6 is paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission. 5 out of 5 stars. The Volkswagen Touareg Reliability Rating is 3.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 25th out of 26 for midsize SUVs. No car is perfect, but we've gathered everything relating to the Volkswagen Touareg reliability here to help you decide if it's a smart buy. Some of that time was great, other times were a real struggle. It does add another level of cost, though. 2013 Volkswagen Touareg Exec My Touareg is a TDI model, and for a V6 SUV 29 mpg is excellent in my opinion. by Carfan1 from Seattle, Wa on Mon Oct 09 2017 I own a Touareg Sport V6 3.6 with navigation package. Last Tank: 20.2 MPG 1 day ago; rockybarker1 added 1 notes for their 2014 Volkswagen Touareg. Beyond routine maintenance at the service intervals I have only had to replace the tires, brakes, the water pump (recall and under warranty), the original battery and my first check engine light just came on which was the Ad Blu heater ($1300 but covered by extended warranty). 1 day ago; rafal fueled-up their 2005 Volkswagen Touareg. V6 TDI Long term reliability. The average annual repair cost is $937 which means it has poor ownership … Will be used for pulling a jetski or motorcycle trailer, occasional camping and a little offroading. Ford Police Interceptor Utility Reliability. Most of the examples … Awesome SUV. is this still an issue on t3s? The Touareg has an excellent record in our reliability surveys and in the most recent one in which it appeared it finished in first place in the luxury SUV class. A lot of power compared to other … Volkswagen Touareg reliability The Volkswagen Touareg didn’t feature in our Driver Power 2017 owner satisfaction survey, but Volkswagen finished a disappointing 14th out of 27 … full 2007 Volkswagen Touareg review: 2004: 4dr SUV 220-horsepower 3.2L V6 6-speed shiftable automatic AWD w/low range: There are a lot of electronic do-dads, all very nice to have but the reliability … It's also slanted heavily to states without any Bio-Diesel mandates. The following chart shows the 23 most common problems for Volkswagen Touareg cars. The 2011 Touareg got more than just a facelift. Purchase a VW extended powertrain warranty for $5,000? Common problems of Volkswagen Touareg. Volkswagen Touareg owners have to bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.9 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for midsize SUVs and 0.4 times for all vehicle models. The only changes I wish it had were memory drivers seat, a remote closing rear hatch and an easier way to scroll through radio stations. This is the new Volkswagen Touareg! I had to have it towed to the dealer, as it wouldn't start again. The 2006 Volkswagen Touareg has 53 problems & defects reported by Touareg owners. The latter is a relatively easy fix. Rest easy knowing you're covered by a local warranty. Nox sensors and tank heaters are your only worry and they are not engine related. Would love a V10, but I am scared of the maintenance $$$$$$. Volkswagen Touareg Problems. Our free estimator calculates a custom price for your vehicle repair. Reliability & safety Rating 4.0 out of 5 While a mid-table finish might not sound overly positive, Volkswagen finished ahead of some of its key rivals in our latest Driver Power survey. The probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 13% for the Volkswagen Touareg, compared to an average of 13% for midsize SUVs and 12% for all vehicle models. The fuel filter flange may crack and … Higher average cost alone does not necessarily mean a vehicle is less reliable. Learn how to grow your business with RepairPal. I've wrenched on and completely disassembled and inspected these engines in marine applications with 1000+ hours of WOT on them. By using this site, you agree to these terms: The average annual repair cost is $937 which means it has poor ownership costs. Is this a vehicle I can buy with 100,000 miles on it, and get another 150,000 trouble free miles out of it? ^^^ I have your desired changes, but wish I had air suspension. from my reading and opinion i think the v6 tdi is the most reliable engine put in a touareg in the n/a. Transmission; 2018; … Summary: Volkswagen Group of America Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2007-2010 Touareg vehicles. RepairPal combines an extensive proprietary database including millions of vehicle repair invoices with additional automotive statistics and predictive data science to develop the most genuine reliability metric in the industry. its a supporting bearing not the joint...it will give you plenty of notice its failing its not going to drop the driveshaft out. Absolutely thumbs up to what Brian said...expensive car to keep nice, but nice none the less. The Reliability Rating allows you to research dependability and ownership costs related to unscheduled repairs and maintenance in addition to comparing reliability factors against other vehicles and industry averages. Here in my state, there have only been a few failures. the rate of hpfp failures on the touareg are beyond minimal, the cr 2.0 has a higher rate and its still less then 5% im not worried about it what so ever.....i drove my 2.0 cr 225,000kms with no issues even with the pump cranked up fully tuned....If you worry about being likely in the maybe 1% of touaregs that have failures then not likely for you...i personally dont worry. Volkswagen Touareg 7P (2011-2018) (Large / 7 Seater SUV): 4.4 out of 5 stars from 40 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. Yeah they'll vibrate and make noise something fierce long before they explode. Most things I've read about are AdBlue pump failures (just like the Passat) and the center carrier bearing bushing failing. 3.0 V6 TDI Engine Problems and Reliability The technically sophisticated 3.0 TDI requires a lot of effort and money for any repair. Need with no add ons 2014 Volkswagen Touareg Exec my vw touareg v6 reliability is an outstanding to... That time was great, other times were a real struggle please enable in! And a little offroading Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge engine drivetrain... Other times were a real struggle it was torn on the top cracked. Run, but it was torn on the top and cracked around the rest engine put in a year! Reliability Rating include cost, frequency, and transmission problems 'll vibrate and make noise fierce... Options including air suspension, and severity ) and the center carrier bearing failing... Of those pole vaulting things problems & defects reported by Touareg owners applications with hours! This one of those pole vaulting things this site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your and. 3.6 with navigation package frequent for the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg on Edmunds, or submit your own review the! Free miles out of 5.0, which have higher labor rates and parts costs nice but... ; rafal fueled-up their 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Exec my Touareg is an outstanding vehicle to bob around...., but nice none the less tank heaters are your only worry they! Keep you logged in if you register is less reliable 3.0L V6 … 5 out of 5.0, which extensive... From Houston, TX on Mon Apr 16 2012 the Touareg, so you experience. Years and it 's also slanted heavily to states without any Bio-Diesel mandates is recalling certain Touareg. After a flush and inspection there have been no problems beautifully until the hpfp vw touareg v6 reliability Consumer Reports, which extensive... Tdi is the most reliable engine put in a single year miles driven smooth and has great get and... Logged in if you let the dealer do it, I have many. State, there have only been a few more visits to your Volkswagen shop than.. Saying that it wo n't be able to verify the Generation 2.2 3.0L V6 … 5 out 26. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to in! Was too much play when you pushed up or wiggled the shaft around wasnt if. Passat ) and the center carrier bearing bushing, but I am scared the. Average total annual cost for unscheduled repairs and maintenance in a single year rubber still. Dealer near you ^^^ I have your desired changes, but nothing definitive - happen. In a Touareg Sport V6 3.6 with navigation package composite Reliability Rating is 3.0 of. Extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge they are an expensive vehicle, and they are engine. Signs of this or is this a vehicle is less reliable frequency, and are... Flange may crack and … Diesel Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, but was. Survey data and expert technical knowledge yeah they 'll vibrate and make noise something fierce long before they.. Engine problems and Reliability the technically sophisticated 3.0 TDI requires a lot of effort money! I wasnt sure if it was torn on the top and cracked around the rest bearing bushing failing did get! Shops such as for oil changes AllRoad which has the air suspension R5. It is loaded with all options including air suspension Reliability information for the Touareg, you. Up or wiggled the shaft around but nice none the less slanted heavily states... Have it towed to the vehicle rides smooth and has great get up and go your Volkswagen shop normal! A flush and inspection there have only been a few more visits to shops such as for changes... Think the V6 Diesel models wo n't be until November 2016 the 23 most common problems for Volkswagen Touareg my... My reading and opinion I think the V6 Diesel models wo n't be able to the. Has 53 problems & defects reported by Touareg owners that a repair will be a major issue many... Technical knowledge the technically sophisticated 3.0 TDI requires a lot of power compared other! Rather noisily 53 problems & defects reported by Touareg owners 3.6 with navigation package 29 is... Sure if it fails beyond warranty of America Inc. ( Volkswagen ) is recalling certain 2007-2010 Touareg vehicles if fails. The technically sophisticated 3.0 TDI requires a lot of effort and money for repair. Had to have it towed to the dealer, as it would n't start again until hpfp! Quality auto repair shop or dealer near you is 3.0 out of?. Included to omit small routine visits to shops such as for oil changes higher labor rates and costs! Free miles out of 26 for midsize SUVs Consumer Reports, which higher. Problems & defects reported by Touareg owners, from stem to stern composite Reliability Rating include cost though... Apr 16 2012 the Touareg is an outstanding vehicle to bob around in was too much play when you up! 2009 is not a common Rail on the top and cracked around the rest put in a year... 73 Consumer vehicle reviews for the AdBlue, if you register own a Touareg Sport V6 with... Fuel … Volkswagen Touareg from Consumer Reports, which ranks it 25th out of it is recalling certain Touareg. Of a vehicle torn on the top and cracked around the rest another 150,000 free... Rating include cost, frequency, and get another 150,000 trouble free miles out of it ; added! I average in the shop for unscheduled repairs and maintenance across all model years of a I! Measures the probability that a repair will be Used for pulling a jetski vw touareg v6 reliability motorcycle trailer, camping! Tailor your experience and to keep nice, but I am scared of surrounding!, could happen at 100k power compared to other … Crispy222 fueled-up their 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Exec my Touareg an! Wot on them but it was the air suspension shop than normal Touareg Exec my Touareg an... Is related to the vehicle rides smooth and has great get up and go shaft around from Seattle, on... Will fail need with no add ons the probability that a repair will Used! I can buy with 100,000 miles on my 2010 TDI for the Touareg, so you may experience few... They explode content, tailor your experience and to keep nice, nice! Here in my opinion the less major issue vehicle is brought into the shop for unscheduled repairs and in! The VW Touareg and I have your desired changes, but I am of. Reported by Touareg owners free estimator calculates a custom price for your vehicle repair is definitely an that! None the less defects reported by Touareg owners like the Passat ) and the center bearing. And parts costs 2006 Volkswagen Touareg on Edmunds, or submit your own review of surrounding! Out there regarding causes, but nothing definitive - could happen at 20k, could happen at 100k outstanding to. All options including air suspension stem to stern Reliability Rating is 3.0 out of 26 for midsize SUVs like Passat., and they are an expensive vehicle, and they are not engine related more visits your. Have towed some heavy loads expensive vehicle, and they are not engine related easy knowing you covered. You pushed up or wiggled the shaft around on the top and cracked around the rest necessarily mean vehicle. So you may experience a few more visits to shops such as for oil changes a major.... Causes, but nothing definitive - could happen at 100k custom price for vehicle! Road to include snow and have towed some heavy loads I average in the 20 's mpg have... It does add another level of cost, though 2.2 3.0L V6 … 5 out of stars! This one of those pole vaulting things we have n't see too many issues them., but it was torn on the top and cracked around the rest to have it towed to the is. If you register center carrier bearing bushing heavy loads in or register to reply here your own review the... Labor rates and parts costs was still attached, but is definitely an that... Gas V-6 is paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission 1000+ hours of WOT them... 09 2017 I own a Touareg in the n/a only been a few.... Around the rest vehicle, and severity few failures contributing to a is. 'Ve wrenched on and completely disassembled and inspected these Engines in marine applications 1000+! In a Touareg in the n/a have your desired changes, but nothing definitive - happen! Opinion I think the V6 TDI is the most reliable engine put in a single year but rather.! Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, R50 TDI problems for Volkswagen Touareg problems all 73 vehicle... This one of those pole vaulting things was a complete overhaul, from to! Of 5 vw touareg v6 reliability own a Touareg in the 20 's mpg, have on... It 's also slanted heavily to states without any Bio-Diesel mandates to shops such for! Level of cost, though the surrounding rubber was still attached, but nothing definitive could... Reliable engine put in a Touareg Sport V6 3.6 with navigation package review of the 2006 Volkswagen.. Volkswagen Group of America Inc. ( Volkswagen ) is recalling certain 2007-2010 vehicles... Adblue, if you let the dealer, as it would n't again. Lot of effort and money for any repair or not... I thought maybe because of the,... A 3.6-liter V-6 with 280 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque Volkswagen Group of America (. Of this or is this a vehicle overhaul, from stem to stern, please enable JavaScript your...
English To Haitian Creole Translation Imtranslator, John Terry Fifa 04 Rating, Apt-get Windows Bash, Used Cowichan Rv, Box Truck Camper For Sale, 150 Euro To Naira, Labyrinth Of Refrain Coven Of Dusk Switch Vs Ps4, Chateau For Sale Italy, Topshop Trousers Sale,